MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognizable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Manager – Operations and Performance
Job Identification: 3927
Job Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 3
Reports To: Senior Manager – NES Maintenance and Support
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of Network Enterprise Network Services and Fixed Broadband Service against KPI’s.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating records of all Enterprise, FTTH, and Fixed Wireless Solutions deployed and the accuracy thereof, and Interface with contractors to ensure network performance is within SLA.
- Monitor and ensure network quality and performance achieve the KPIs and quality targets as defined, and ensure availability on the fixed line, data and leased line network are above the defined KPIs.
- Monitor and ensure the implementation of routine and callout maintenance procedures on the Enterprise and Fixed broadband Networks.
- Monitor network performance, especially on identified priority leased lines, customers, and the top ten high-priority links, and escalate issues that may affect the performance of the enterprise network.
- Ensure periodic maintenance and testing regimes are timely completed on the enterprise network.
- Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly status reports of Enterprise and Fixed Broadband network performance to identified stakeholders for assessment and planning.
- Provide specialist technical support to all other departments in the region regarding the network and optimize the use of resources within the region.
- Monitor network performance and configuration to ensure conformance with KPIs.
- Identify and recommend appropriate tools and resources for monitoring and reporting network performance.
- Drive and ensure the timely completion of planned and callout maintenance at client locations.
- Maintain accurate and thorough knowledge of the network and all solutions implemented at all times.
- Handle local network queries raised by the customer operations team.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of the Network Enterprise Service team.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets and requirements, and regular review of their training needs.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Identify the training requirements of team members and develop a program to address knowledge gaps and enrich the knowledge repository within the department.
- A First Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or Telecommunications Engineering
- Fluent in English
- 6–13 years’ experience, which includes:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an area of specialization, with experience in supervising or managing others
- Experience working in a medium- to large organization
- Experience in Radio Access Network Operations and Maintenance/Performance Management in a Telecommunications Environment
- Experience working in Managed managed service environment in a multi-vendor network.
To apply for this job please visit ehle.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.