A niche is your specialty. It’s the topic, industry, or type of content you focus on as a freelance writer. Your niche will be an area that you have experience in, domain knowledge on, or are simply passionate about.
As a freelance writer you can earn more by specializing being an expert in your chosen niche or industry.
1. Long-form blog posts or Ultimate Guides:
Long-form content is any piece of content that exceeds the 2,000+ word mark. That could mean a 3,500-word blog post, a 10,000-word whitepaper, or a 15,000-word ebook. Some popular types of long-form content include: How to guides.
2. E- books : An ebook, also known as an e-book or eBook, is a book publication made available in digital form, consisting of text, images, or both, readable on the flat-panel display of computers or other electronic devices.
3. White Papers: A white paper is a report or guide that informs readers concisely about a complex issue and presents the issuing body’s philosophy on the matter. It is meant to help readers understand an issue, solve a problem, or make a decision
4. Case Studies: A case study is an in-depth, detailed examination of a particular case (or cases) within a real-world context. For example, case studies in medicine may focus on an individual patient or ailment; case studies in business might cover a particular firm’s strategy or a broader market; similarly, case studies in politics can range from a narrow happening over time (e.g., a specific political campaign) to an enormous undertaking (e.g., a world war).
5. Email Writing: Email writing involves composing, sending, storing and receiving messages over an electronic communication system. An email stands for an electronic mail. Email writing is preferred over other forms of communication as it is cheaper and faster.
6. Sales Pages or Landing Pages: A landing page aims at generating leads, while sales pages are focused on selling products/services for monetary conversions. Conversions on landing pages are usually not monetary conversions, while sales pages, on the other hand, involve monetary conversions.
7. Video Script Writing: video copywriting as a process of creating compelling and effective copy to map the structure of your message and achieve a certain set of goals via video content.
8. Online or E-Learning Courses: Online writing refers to any text created with (and usually intended for viewing on) a computer, smartphone, or similar digital device. Also called digital writing. Online writing formats include texting, instant messaging, emailing, blogging, tweeting, and posting comments on social media sites such as Facebook.
9. Book Writing (Ghostwriting): Ghostwriting is the process of writing a piece of copy under someone else’s name. For example, as a freelancer, you might be hired to write a blog post that’s published under the CMO’s name.
Also check: Hot topics for freelance writers.