The MultiChoice Group is a multinational media and entertainment group headquartered in South Africa, Dubai and the Netherlands with principal operations in pay television, video entertainment, advertising and content security. Brands within the Group include DStv, GOtv, SuperSport, M-Net, DStv Media Sales, Showmax and European-based content security leader Irdeto. We’re proud to say we serve 20 million subscribers across more than 50 African markets, with a successful history of identifying and adapting to industry trends, allowing us to continuously deliver the best in entertainment.
By joining our passionate and creative team, you can help us achieve our objectives of expanding our pay-TV and SVOD (Subscription Video On demand) subscriber bases, improving advertising sales, spearheading cutting-edge technology, supporting local content and providing an exceptional customer experience.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Trade Marketing Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Band: Key Customers
Reports to: Executive Head, Marketing
Purpose of the Position
- To deliver marketing interventions for our esteemed Channel Partner across Nigeria with the intent of growing subscribers’ base and revenue
Key Performance Objectives
Trade Marketing Support:
- Implement, monitor and manage all agreed Brands and Marketing Plans for the Channel Partners (Mega Dealers, Super Dealers, Branded Stores, Moms & Pops)
- Establish key requirements for ATL & BTL inclusion within the annual Channel Partners plans and joint advertising campaign.
- Ensure Channel Partners produce effective customer experience and service to end-users
- Deliver agreed brand strategy across the Channel
- Develop media packs and conduct conferences and Trade shows
- Formulate, develop, initiate and brief in relevant, suitable and cost effective Marketing Initiatives (advertising, sponsorships, events, brand activations, promotions etc.) that contribute to creating and growing awareness, demand and equity for DStv & GOtv brands across the Channel.
- Develop and implement Channel Partners’ growth plan in line with Financial Year target
Marketing and Brand Management:
- Take delivery and stock of all out and in-bound marketing consignments (Promotional Items) to ensure contact delivery and accountability, and manage payment to courier operatives and agencies.
- Supervise branding at Events with support from in-store staff & merchandisers & students
- Monitor and ensure that all Branding / POS across MultiChoice Nigeria offices, Super Dealers and Key Installers are current, up to date and in good state at all times
- Coordinate and participate in promotional activities and trade shows, working with developers, advertisers and production managers, to market products and services
- Assist in promotional strategies and product development.
- Work closely with the Marketing Management team for building and strengthening the brand equity across the Nigeria market
- Execute brand activities on-ground, ensuring optimum cost management
- Monitoring of brand budget/expenditure for efficiency of spend
- Regular feedback to Manager regarding the following:
- Trade development
- On time delivery of Assigned Marketing Projects with alignment from all Internal stakeholders and Agency partners
- Support in managing the Interface between Marketing, Sales and Customer i.e. Special projects roll-outs, Super dealer launches etc.
- Success with promotions / displays
- Agency interaction, liaison with creative vendors on a regular basis to move the brand in the designated direction.
- Drive brand sales performance
- Identifying and monitoring sales activation activities
- Actively participating in roadshows within the region
- Monitors and communicates competitive activity to key internal stakeholders
Key Performance Indicator
- Marketing, Commercial Sales, Customer Care, Customer Operations, Digital Enablement, Customer Value Management, Customer Experience & PMO, Strategy, CII, Legal, Regulatory, Finance, HR; General Entertainment, Media Sales, Corporate Affairs
- Retailers, Distributors, Installers, Agencies, Hospitality Industry and other businesses.
- 5 years senior Sales and Marketing/ Product management experience
- Understanding of distribution delivery platforms and understanding on how to effectively use social media platforms for marketing and sales
- Experience in the distribution of FMCG
- Knowledge of the dynamics of consumer and business sectors across unique markets in Nigeria
- Customer Centricity
- Marketing Management
- Reporting and Research
- Project Management
- Regulatory and Legal Compliance
- Vendor Management
- Developing value propositions
- Sales Management
- Distribution Chain Management
- Problem Solving
- Result Orientation
- Planning & Organising
- Ideas Generation.
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply