Sahara Group is a leading international energy and infrastructure conglomerate with operations in over 38 countries across Africa, Middle East, Europe and Asia. Spanning three decades, we have broken ground and challenged stereotypes across the global business landscape. The women and men who make up our organization are our strongest levers for growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Job type: Full-time – Associate
- The role of Procurement Manager is to manage commercial and supplier aspects of projects (or other assigned work).
- Work with team members in conducting general market research in various categories as well as research into potential suppliers, product specification and resources.
- Take action to reduce costs that are focused on creating greater efficiencies, economies of scale or better quality resources for a project team, department, or business unit.
- Manage all logistics operation including all logistics assets in order to ensure timely, cost-effective delivery.
- Work with freighters and clearing agents, cost and price analysis for services, etc.
- Obtains price quotes from vendors and compares quotes with the specifications and availability of items
- Organizes, updates and retains product information files and purchase order records
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times and streamline work processes to provide quality customer service.
- Inform end-user/requester/stores upon arrival of goods so quality checks & goods receipt can be promptly done (by requester/stores) for goods and other supplies (imported and local goods)
- Coordinate work efforts of others to ensure integration and completion of work against expectations
- Evaluate and ensure that vendor performance meets or exceeds defined performance standards and adheres to overall company policies and procedures.
- Interprets contract provisions and review of contracts to evaluate overall revisions, price, and past performance of each contract.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Civil Engineering, Management, Accounting, Finance or any related field.
- At least 7 years post NYSC work experience in a similar role.
- Certification in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management would be an added advantage.
Your Personal Attributes:
- Intrinsically motivated
- Results – oriented and pragmatic with exceptional problem solving and decision making skills
- Top-notch networking and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, time management and planning skills
- Legal Limitations: Knowledge of local legal limitations and Nigerian shipping laws.
- Basic knowledge of Project Management to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria) to establish clear goals and accountabilities.
- Good Microsoft Excel skills.
- Good reporting skills.
- Emotionally intelligent
- Excellent and precise communication & presentation skills
- Comfortable and effective in managing and communicating with team members and stakeholders
- Ability to deliver results with low levels of supervision
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply