U.S. Consulate General
The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Worker (Truck Driver)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The incumbent is responsible for safety and efficiently operating a U.S Government-owned or lease trucks, large cargo vehicles or other vehicles. Incumbent is also responsible for safe handling, transporting and storage of both expendable and non-expendable items.
- The position is in the General Services Office and under the supervision of the Warehouse Dispatcher/Supervisory Truck Driver.
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional truck or heavy vehicle driving experience is required. One (1) additional year of experience in manual labor or warehouse work is required.
- Good working knowledge of warehouse operations, procedures, USG safety and security standards is required.
- Good working knowledge of maintenance and efficient usage of warehouse storage space is required.
- Good working knowledge of conducting inventory and stacking of items/equipment is required.
- Knowledge of local traffic laws and regulations, as well as knowledge of in-country travel routes and areas is required.
- Completion of Secondary School or High School Education is required.
- Language: Limited knowledge speaking / reading / writing in English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a Valid Nigerian driver’s license.
- Ability to detect vehicle defects and report them immediate to authority concerned is required.
- Must be able to perform assign tasks in all types of weather, and environmental weather conditions to include at times severe cold, extreme heat, wet or dry weather conditions, and high winds.
- Ability to physically be able to perform loading and unloading is required.
- Must be able to handle heavy objects smoothly and efficiently.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 5lbs (23kg) under OSHA standards.
- Ability to use warehouse tools and safely operate equipment such as forklifts, hand trolleys, electronic lifters etc. is required.
- Must be able to diagnose and handle preventive maintenance and first-echelon automotive repairs.
- USD9,227 Annually.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 1st December, 2023.
To apply for this job please visit erajobs.state.gov.