Nexford University is a next-generation university based in Washington DC offering a competency-based learning model. Nexford’s mission is to enable greater social and economic mobility by providing an affordable high-quality education that will positively impact millions of lives around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Teaching Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Online Teaching Assistant (TA) is responsible for supporting Faculty for Nexford University (NXU) undergraduate or graduate-level programs.
- The Online TA supports learner success by providing guidance within the course and providing individualized and substantive assignment feedback under the supervision of the faculty.
- Support Faculty with the grading of assignments which include, but are not limited to: Discussion Forums, Formative /Summative Assessments, and Incomplete or late submissions
- Provide learners with individualized and substantive feedback on assignments
- Notify Faculty and the Learner Services Team regarding learners who are struggling and may need additional support with writing or subject area tutoring
- Assist with data collection as needed Required Skills and Qualities
- Flexible work style appropriate for remote and offshore teams
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills appropriate for NXU’s fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture
- Strong outcomes-based orientation and track record of achieving results
- Teaching experience in undergraduate and graduate Business or Technology programs
- Experience with grading learners’ work at the university level
- Experience using a course-level rubric, knowledgeable with plagiarism software (e.g., Turnitin) and/or a learning management system
- Must have earned a bachelor’s degree in business from an accredited institution for undergraduate courses and a master’s degree in business or Technology related fields from an accredited institution for graduate courses
- At least two years of teaching or TA experience in a Business School or with Business related subject areas
- 1-3 years of industry experience highly desired
- Work at a company with a social mission where you can make a real difference in the world
- Generous Vacation days
- An entrepreneurial and highly stimulating environment
- 50% discounted tuition on all Nexford courses for your immediate family
- 12 paid days of professional development time off, post-probation
- 100% remote work
- Contemporary collaboration tools
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning from Day 1
- An environment where you will be technically and intellectually challenged
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
To apply for this job please visit nexforduniversity.bamboohr.com.