Venia Health and Medical Service Limited
Venia Health and Medical Services (VHMS) Limited provides accessible, innovative, and world-class healthcare services across Nigeria, taking the lead in the provision of affordable and accessible imaging services to meet the demand in Nigeria and across Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sonographer
- The sonographer is responsible for ensuring the provision of excellent and accurate ultrasound imaging services within the laid down standard operating policies and protocols.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform ultrasound imaging procedures of high diagnostic value within the approved policies and procedures
- Ensure adequate and correct information is given to patients regarding procedures and how to collect/get results.
- Ensuring clear images for diagnostic purposes and making adjustments to the sonographic equipment when necessary.
- Selecting the appropriate settings and adjusting the patients’ positions accordingly.
- Monitoring and caring for patients to ensure their safety and comfort during the procedures.
- Ensure the patient’s condition is monitored all throughout the procedure.
- Selecting and examining images, looking for differences between healthy and pathological areas, and determining if the scope of the exam should be extended, based on preliminary findings.
- Presenting the sonograms and preliminary findings to the Physicians.
- Completing the appropriate documentation and maintaining patients’ histories and medical records.
- B.Sc / HND in Medical Imaging or its equivalent
- PGD ultrasound module 2 or 3 credentials (mandatory)
- Current practicing license with a minimum of 2 years of work experience
- Proficiency in the use of sonographic equipment
- Good practical knowledge of ultrasound procedures.
- Strong technical, communication, interpersonal, and patient service skills.
- The ability to explain technical terms in a clear and understandable way.
- Good visual acuity and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, judgment, and decision-making skills
Application Closing Date
16th January, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
To apply for this job please visit yahoo.com.