The Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry
The Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry is the Premier Chamber of Commerce in Nigeria. It was incorporated in 1950 as a non-profit making organization, Limited by Guarantee under the Companies Act of 1948. The primary objective of the Chamber is to promote, support or oppose legislative or other measures affecting trade, industry, commerce and agriculture as well as representing the opinion of the business community on the above matters in particular, and the economy as a whole.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
Reports to: Senior Finance Manager.
- The Job holder is to support the core functions for smooth and accurate report generation, payment processing, proper book-keeping, and investment tracking among others.
- Ensure accurate Departmental monthly Reporting by 13th of next month
- File Annual Tax Returns with appropriate/ relevant tax authority by Jan 20th Every Year
- Prompt Supervision of all POSTINGS to ensure accuracy
- Prepare Final Accounts monthly on the 13th of proceeding month
- Prompt preparation of annual unit and consolidated budget
- Timely supervision of all payments to vendors and staff
- Writing of minutes of F&GPC meetings 48 hours after meeting
- Ensure that all Internal Audit Matters are resolved promptly
- Ensure accurate Payment process-authorization, WHT deductions etc are carried out promptly
- Prepare Budget Performance Analysis on the 13th of the proceeding month
- Any and every other function to ensure a world-class accounts Department.
Job Requirements / Competencies
- B.Sc / HND in Accounting, Banking &Finance, Business Administration, or any related discipline.
- The Job Holder must have 5 years cognate experience, supervisory capacity/experience.
- Professional accounting qualification (ICAN/ACCA) is mandatory.
- M.sc in accounting or any related course is an added advantage.
- Has a good eye for details.
- A very good knowledge of accounting software such as Sage, QuickBooks, and ERP is an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Time management and organization.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Enhanced numerical and quantitative skills: These are key as you will be dealing with
- Has a sound understanding of accounting concepts and reporting requirements under relevant accounting standards.
- Has a sound understanding of VAT and WHT requirements.
- Cognate experience with bank reconciliation in insurance.
- Has previous financial accounting experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should electronically submit a Resume and an Application Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 24th September, 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]