The British Council
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Scheduler
Contract Type – Indefinite Contract
Pay Band: BRC-4-F
- The purpose of this role is to support planning and tracking exams capacity requirements against demand from 18 months out on a 12-month rolling basis down to handover to Operations Managers for Resource Management and Test Day delivery.
- The role will translate demand into capacity/resource requirements for venues, people, and test materials to fully optimise operations and margins while maintaining service levels, maximising agility, and ensuring contingency.
- It will also monitor and review changes to plan reporting on requirements to fill capacity, effectiveness of Planning and cost to serve.
- This role will work across functions in country to ensure counterparts understand requirements and execute to plan on Test Day.
Nnot limited to the following:
- Executes capacity management plans.
- Supports Operations Planning Manager to collaborate with Commercial function for demand planning purposes
- Provides support to Operations Planning Manager on planning future changes to delivery profiles
- Contingency planning and risk management of supply.
- Adheres to set standards and performance manage Exam security and compliance
- Manages daily/weekly planning/capacity meetings
- Monitors rolling 18-month plan and makes appropriate changes to plans.
- Keeps Operations teams up to date on any changes.
- Provides support on Distribution and Schools exams with regards to registration requirements and post-test sales invoices
- Support creating regular reports on range of standard, corporate financial processes and procedures to enable effective budget and resource management for the team, unit or project(s) – e.g. purchase order system, FABS, SAP, procurement processes.
- Plans and prioritises own work activities, which span across a range of different work streams, responding to changing and at times competing requirements to ensure effective delivery of responsibilities over a weekly/monthly time horizon.
Role specific knowledge and experience:
- Experience of translating demand requirements to ensure capacity can be met to deliver operationally within a large business
- Experience in third party/Vendor relationship management
- Relevant experience of identifying suppliers in a business environment.
- Experience of working across a dispersed team within a single country.
- Experience in allocation and scheduling duties for a large team
- University degree in any subject or relevant qualification.
NGN7,363,086.00 per annum plus benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 26th March, 2023 (23:59 South Africa Time).
To apply for this job please visit careers.britishcouncil.org.