TECO Group Limited
TECO is a leading supplier of engineering systems to many industries in Nigeria, providing solutions for its customer’s business success. The business started in March 1980 and has remained focused on its core activities of offering technical and engineering solutions for the development of industries in Nigeria. We have nearly 40 years of experience building long-lasting Palm Oil Mills/Processing plants of different sizes ranging from 1.5T/PH to 30T/PH, all over the nation. In the Oil & Gas industry, TECO is a trusted name for quality, professionalism and integrity in the delivery, installation, commissioning and maintenance of Low, Medium and High Voltage Switch Gears, Motor Control Centers, Ring Main Units and Circuit Breakers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- To ensure zero Loss Time Accident and fatality by professionally implementing company HSE policy, procedures and rules on site for employees, sub-contractors and other stakeholders.
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health as far as is reasonably practicable.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to by all personnel on site and are communicated when reviewed.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and construction site operations.
- Participate in the development of health & safety policies, safe systems of work and procedures.
- Ensure full and accurate Health & Safety and trainings (internal and external) records are kept and maintained.
- Liaise with clients and subcontractors Health & Safety representative in resolving health and safety issues on the project site.
- Advise Site/Project Manager on Health and Safety matters.
- Participate in preparation and implementation of Project Health and Safety Plan.
- Conduct Project Site Health and Safety Induction for all personnel on site.
- Ensure that Risk Assessment and Method Statement, Safety Data Sheet, Job Hazard Analysis are communicated and documented to all concerned personnel before commencement of any hazardous task or operation.
- Facilitate all incidents investigations and ensure they are reported and recommended Corrective Actions Plan (CAP) for improvements are implemented.
- Carry out Permit-To-Work monitoring and review.
- Ensure that Health and Safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- First Degree or equivalent in any discipline, NEBOSH IGC or Certificate in Construction Health and Safety.
- ISPON. membership or Membership of other professional health and safety body will be an added advantage.
- 3+ years experience as a Safety Officer preferably in construction environment.
- MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, email.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 30th December, 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org