SG Holdings is an African multinational corporation incorporated in Nigeria and with its headquarters in Lagos. The Group operates through four major segments: Energy (Downstream, Upstream) and Petrochemical Shipping, Dredging and Marine services, Agriculture and Commodities and Financial Consulting / Services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Officer
Position Type: Full-Time
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with Health and Safety monitoring activities.
- Assist with the management of fire safety throughout the offices.
- Assist in audits and produces audit reports and follow up any actions
- Assist with the coordination and management of PPEs, waste and waste storage area.
- Liaise closely with the Facility Management team to manage issues relating to the facilities service provision, and specifically waste disposal, buildings, fire safety equipment, electrical testing and safety audit non-compliances.
- Review and record checks on all fire exits, fire and fire equipment, and fire signs.
- Review relevant safety signage
- Review and record the First Aid and spill kit provision across all facilities manage by SG Holdings resource-limited.
- Assist with site supervision during critical activities.
- Assist Lead in organizing and documenting Health and Safety-critical activities like fire drills, hydrants inspection and testing etc.
- Provide clerical support to the Health and Safety Committee and Safety Officers Forum.
- Assist to maintain and coordinate trainings and inductions.
- Assist in the identification of training needs and preparation of risk assessments, and method statement.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from a Reputable Institution
- Not more than 25 years of age
- 0- 1 years experience
- Minimum of second-class upper division
- Interest in current health and safety legislation and issues, with experience of health and safety implementation in the workplace, for example, carrying risk assessments.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Good general standard of education and spoken and written English.
- Evidence of training in occupational safety and health or Certification from a recognized body (IOSH, ROSPA, C&G, ISPON, HSE Level 3 etc.) is preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 20th December, 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]