Elalan Construction Company Nigeria Limited
Elalan Construction Company Nigeria Limited – For over 39 years, ELALAN has delivered high-quality integrated construction solutions, and we have expanded our operational and service offering to cater to a wide spectrum of construction needs in both the public and private sectors. Our portfolio of work comprises of successful projects in the residential, commercial, factories, and industrial spaces, working with clients across all sectors with differing budgets.
Asides from working alongside a team of diversified professionals and highly skilled artisans, across our various projects, we are deliberate and passionate about helping our employees fulfill their career aspirations, and in return we offer an opportunity to work in a company with history and reputable brand.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Officer
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- To ensure zero Loss Time Accident and fatality by professionally implementing company HSE policy, procedures and rules on site for employees, sub-contractors and other stakeholders.
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health as far as is reasonably practicable.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to by all personnel on site and are communicated when reviewed.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and construction site operations.
- Ensure full and accurate Health & Safety and trainings (internal and external) records are kept and maintained.
- Liaise with clients and subcontractors Health & Safety representative in resolving health and safety issues on the project site.
- Advise Site/Project Manager on Health and Safety matters.
- Participate in preparation and implementation of Project Health and Safety Plan.
- Conduct Project Site Health and Safety Induction for all personnel on site.
- Ensure that Risk Assessment and Method Statement, Safety Data Sheet, Job Hazard Analysis are communicated and documented to all concerned personnel before commencement of any hazardous task or operation.
- Facilitate all incidents investigations and ensure they are reported and recommended Corrective Actions Plan (CAP) for improvements are implemented.
- Carry out Permit-To-Work monitoring and review.
- Ensure that Health and Safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Participate in the development of health & safety policies, safe systems of work and procedures.
- First Degree or equivalent in any discipline, NEBOSH IGC or Certificate in Construction Health and Safety.
- Must be a member of ISPON. Membership of other professional health and safety body will be an added advantage.
- 7 to 10 years experience as a Safety Officer preferably in construction environment.
- MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, email.
N200,000 – N220,000 / month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “Safety Officer” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 31st October, 2023.