EHA Clinics, a subsidiary of eHealth Africa, is a health care network operating across Nigeria that provides high-quality, innovative, data-driven, and technology-enabled services. EHA Clinics delivers a comprehensive range of state of the art health care services in each location, e.g, general consultations, laboratory investigations, pharmaceuticals, annual medical checks, child wellness checks, ultrasonography, and specialized services (urgent care, telemedicine, home care, dental care, and ophthalmology).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Registered Nurse
Job Location: Sangotedo, Lagos
Report to: Assistant Manager, Nursing services
- The nursing department delivers quality healthcare by providing evidence-based, patient-centered care, implementing quality improvement initiatives, and prioritizing the needs and preferences of patients.
- Nurses work collaboratively to ensure that patients receive the highest standard of care and achieve optimal health outcomes.
- The Registered Nurse provides direct and indirect care for assigned patients in various nursing units and home visits per scheduled shift.
- The Registered Nurse is primarily responsible for professional performance and safe patient care.
- The role encompasses nursing assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention, evaluation, and coordination of care for patients across the healthcare continuum involving families. Duties include but are not limited to, managing patients with various medical cases.
Duties and Responsibilities
Process Basic Transactions Purpose:
- Perform patient assessment using appropriate, problem-focused, and age-specific assessment techniques. Analyze the assessment data, derive nursing interventions, set priorities according to patient needs, formulate a plan of care, implement and evaluate the outcome.
- Provide emotional support and measures to alleviate fear and anxiety. Assess patient and family readiness and identify learning needs. Participate in voluntary community health activities to promote, maintain and restore health and prevent diseases.
- Provide basic life support when needed. Document all relevant data in the electronic medical record according Administer medications, monitor desirable and undesirable effects, and intervene appropriately.
- Recognize subtle cues to anticipate potential problems.
- Assess patient and family readiness and identify learning needs.
Basic Information Organisation Delivery:
- Administer medications, monitor desirable and undesirable effects, and intervene appropriately. Travel to patients’ homes to deliver care as required. Manage patients with infectious diseases when applicable. Attends to Home care visits when scheduled on-call shift.
- Perform clerical duties when needed. Ensure that patients are provided with appropriate nutrition. Manage pediatric patients with infectious diseases when applicable.
- Must have current clinical experience in direct patient care and have worked a minimum of 2 years in the last 3 years.
- Must have at least 3 years of postgraduate nursing experience in an accredited University Teaching, Federal Medical Centre, or International hospital.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR Diploma of Nursing from an accredited nursing college, University with High Distinction (Top 10% of graduating class).
- Hold and maintain a current nursing license to practice in Nigeria.