The USAID Lagos Urban Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Activity (LUWASH) is a $44 million Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) activity. LUWASH will increase the availability, quality and use of safe water and sanitation services and improve the governance and sustainable management of associated sector institutions in Lagos, Nigeria. Through an integrated, market-based approach, LUWASH will work across the value chain of WASH services to bolster supply and manage demand within a strengthened framework of sector governance, financing, and regulated services. The activity aims to catalyze sector transformation and generate WASH service improvements for at least 4 million people in low-income communities and build a foundation for continued progress beyond LUWASH.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Receptionist / Office Assistant
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- We seek a Receptionist / Office Assistant for the USAID Lagos Urban Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Activity (LUWASH) in Nigeria who will assist the Office Manager with administrative and operational support.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor the LUWASH front desk, receiving incoming calls, greeting project visitors, and informing the relevant parties of visitor arrivals.
- Deliver adequate, timely administrative and logistical support to the technical team during meetings and training, as needed.
- Ensure that all work is done in accordance with Chemonics’ business code of ethics and USAID and Chemonics policies and regulations.
- Take meeting minutes for all team meetings and distribute to team members as requested.
- Maintain a clean and organized reception area.
- Ensure a neat and professional personal appearance and polite demeanor appropriate for local standards.
- Maintain and stock office supplies and process supply orders from the Office Manager
- Organize and manage project reports/resource library.
- Perform messenger functions and routine project errands, including but not limited to delivery of correspondences, bank errands, photocopying, and scanning among others.
- Assist Office Manager in hosting project visitors, arranging meetings and training, support with travel arrangements, and other logistics support as needed.
- Other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Certificate / Diploma in related field preferred
- Minimum one (1) year of experience; experience with USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
Level of Effort and Location:
- This long-term position will be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- The Receptionist will report directly to the Office Manager or his/her designee.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- No telephone inquiries, please.
- Chemonics will contact the finalists.
- Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Application Deadline 23rd October, 2023.