PepsiCo – In 1965, Donald Kendall, the CEO of Pepsi-Cola, and Herman Lay, the CEO of Frito-Lay, recognized what they called “a marriage made in heaven,” a single company delivering perfectly-salty snacks served alongside the best cola on earth. Their vision led to what quickly became one of the world’s leading food and beverage companies: PepsiCo. Our company is made up of seven divisions: PepsiCo Beverages North America; Frito-Lay North America; Quaker Foods North America; Latin America; Europe; Africa, Middle East and South Asia; and Asia Pacific, Australia/New Zealand and China. Each of these divisions has its own unique history and way of doing business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Controller
Job ID: 160959
Location: Oregun, Lagos
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time
Job Function: Supply Chain
Relocation Eligible: No
- Participate in the implementation of Food Safety Global Standards – PEM, PSIP,IPM, WH, Sanitation, etc
- Validation study for HACCP/OPRP
- Participate in the coordination of regulatory inspection
- Product competitors comparison test
- Ensure that lab cleanliness and safety standards are maintained.
- Develop and qualify new testing methods.
- Train other analysts to perform laboratory procedures and assays.
- Inspect and analyze raw materials.
- Review data from contract laboratories to ensure accuracy and regulatory compliance.
- Prepare or review required method transfer documentation, including technical transfer protocols or reports.
- Perform validations or transfers of analytical methods in accordance with applicable policies or guidelines.
- Participate in out-of-specification and failure investigations and recommend corrective actions.
- Monitor testing procedures to ensure that all tests are performed according to established item specifications, standard test methods, or protocols.
- Investigate or report questionable test results.
- Interpret test results, compare them to established specifications and control limits, and make recommendations on appropriateness of data for release.
- Conduct routine and non-routine analyses of in-process materials, raw materials, environmental samples, finished goods, or stability samples.
- Prepare and test samples from all manufacturing stages and handling process, with the goal of determining if the substance meets the standards or requirements set by PepsiCo Nigeria.
- Work at the start of the production process (Raw Materials Analysis), during production (In-Process Analysis) or at the end of production (Finished Product testing).
- Perform visual inspections of finished products.
- Participate in internal assessments and audits as required.
- Identify and troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Serve as a technical liaison between quality control and other departments, vendors, or contractors.
- Coordinate testing with contract laboratories and vendors (3rd party labs).
- Write technical reports or documentation such as deviation reports, testing protocols, and trend analyses.
- Write or revise standard quality control operating procedures.
- Supply quality control data necessary for regulatory submissions.
- Conduct online approval of Packaging material
- Identify quality problems and recommend solutions.
- Evaluate analytical methods and procedures to determine how they might be improved.
- Complete documentation needed to support testing procedures including data capture forms, equipment logbooks, or inventory forms.
- Calibrate, validate, or maintain laboratory equipment.
- Compile laboratory test data and perform appropriate analyses.
- Relevant First Degree in a relevant field.
- 4-5 years of experience in Quality Control – FMCG manufacturing is a strong advantage.
To apply for this job please visit www.pepsicojobs.com.