Demyhealth Clinic and Genomic Medicine
DemyHealth is impacting lives in Africa through healthcare innovation and accessibility with our team of highly trained professionals with proven track record as industry leaders within and outside the country. Our core expertise span across Medical Devices, PCR testing, Diagnostics, Research, Biomedical Engineering, Biorepository and Sequencing services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Molecular Biologist
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking highly-motivated and enthusiastic individual
- Candidate must be willing to join a fast-paced environment, be willing to learn quickly, adapt to new environment, and must have a keen interest and experience in molecular genetics research and related activities.
- Candidate, when successful, will direct all molecular laboratory procedures, including developing new molecular assay in line ISO and international best practice. Candidate must be skilled in primer development and life science research. Must be skilled in post PCR analysis, gel electrophoresis, or Next Generation sequencing.
- Candidate will oversee data analysis, assay result interpretation, and proper maintenance and management of laboratory records
- Oversee quality control/quality assurance activities, as well as reagent lot validation and inventory management
- Monitor sample management and quality of samples received at the PCR Lab for testing
- Follow up with proper storage of specimens for short and long term.
- Follow up with LIMS compliance network, accurate computer data entry, and reporting of patients’ results
- Will ensure all laboratory procedures are performed in a timely manner.
- Will assist in the ordering of laboratory supplies to maintain proper inventory
- Ensure routine preventative maintenance is performed on all molecular diagnostic and ancillary equipment
- Ensure all molecular diagnostic protocols are followed and implemented
- Follow up with daily reports on all lab tests
- Oversee Proficiency Testing at PCR labs and follow up with corrective actions
- Minimum of M.Sc in Molecular Biology / Biotechnology / Virology / Cell Biology / Biochemistry or related discipline with at least 3 years of wet lab experience in PCR procedures with minimum of 2 years experience in a biosafety level 2 laboratory.
- Candidate must have performed a minimum of 1000 extractions and PCR Amplifications.
- Candidates with PHD and the requisite experience are welcome to apply.
N200,000 – N300,000 / month
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 20th February, 2024.