IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Account Payable
Employee Type: Permanent
- As Manager Account Payable, you will execute Procure-to-Pay (P2P) best practices and processes across in-market entities.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Support ongoing change, process standardization and continuous improvement initiatives across the P2P function.
- Handle customer-facing interactions on all AP activities.
- Act as the focal point for all SSC-related activities pertaining to AP, including transition of in-market activities, processes and systems knowledge to SSC.
- Oversee daily activities of direct reports and other members of the AP team.
- Manage vendor queries and issues in consultation with local Technical teams. Ensure liaison between the company, vendors and external accountants to meet information needs and proper maintenance of information to meet historical purposes.
- Ensure implementation of Finance policies, processes and procedures.
- Formulate policies aimed at ensuring process improvement in AP.
- Ensure strict compliance with policies, processes, procedures, IFRS, IAS and GAAP.
- Support training and education on new policies, practices and standards.
- Provide any out-of-turn support for processing urgent or critical payments and ensure coordination with SSC team.
- Coordinate all internal and external audit work pertaining to AP activities.
- Coordinate monthly closing of financial records and posting of month-end information with SSC, including accruals, cost reviews and assessments for major vendors, etc. Ensure accuracy of post-close financial statements pertaining to AP.
- Provide accounting assistance to support user departments and operations/ technical staff. Respond to financial questions/ concerns to meet business needs.
- Monitor payables balances and liaise with Treasury to input cash flow requirements.
- Act as point of contact with SSC on escalations and urgent requests.
- Lead and coordinate performance management and reporting against P2P metrics with core focus on vendor accounts and payments.
- Perform other activities or tasks assigned from time to time and/ or required as part of continuous improvement initiatives within the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline (Finance and Management-related strongly preferred).
- Evidence of professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA).
- +5 years’ relevant post-NYSC work experience in core accounting function.
- Demonstrable proficiency in use of MS Office tools.
- Must possess solid knowledge of P2P best practices and trends which support implementation of effective business partnering.
- Proven work history of finance business partnering and use of ERP platforms.
- Experience in Finance functions within telco industry is an added advantage.
- Business Partnering
- Use of MS Office Tools (advanced)
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Analytical Thinking
- Financial Accounting
- Problem Solving
- Business Continuity
- Process Standardization, Optimization & Automation
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Relationship Building.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.