Canonical – We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely, and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means ‘humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world’s biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world’s most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation – Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it’s the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Human Resources (HR) Generalist
Location: Lagos (Remote)
Job Type: Full Time
- The Associate HR Generalist will be responsible for supporting and coordinating general HR activities supporting our AMER and EMEA regions and driving our HR processes.
- This is a great opportunity to start and progress your career in a People function supporting team members worldwide.
- The successful candidate will bring an exceptional academic track record coupled with some experience working in an entry-level role in an HR or People Team.
- You will bring some existing knowledge of employment law.
- Ideally, we are looking for someone who has an inherent interest in the Technology sector, specifically Open Source.
What your day will look like
- Provide HR support by answering team members’ questions and responding to requests regarding their employment and contracts, escalating when necessary. Requests may include information about the new starter process and onboarding, questions regarding global benefits, employment verifications, and other general inquiries.
- Liaise with payroll to guarantee smooth salary payments.
- Create purchase orders for internal departments.
- Provide administrative support to employees for the enrollment and processing of benefits.
- Conduct regular audits of employment files and systems to ensure they are up-to-date, accurate, and GDPR compliant.
- Continually work to better our processes, spotting areas we can improve to drive our function forward.
- Conduct and manage global background checks.
- Maintain our HRIS, ensuring a high degree of accuracy and timeliness in processing all team member changes and new joiners.
- Owning global projects (e.g. engagement, training or culture initiatives)
- Partnering with the managers and employees – supporting HR processes and driving the people strategy for your areas of responsibility
- Working as a truly global partner to colleagues, especially leads, managers and executives
- Process new hires, including country-specific on-boarding documentation, creation of files, systems set-up, and coordination of introductory reviews.
- Provide support to employees for the enrollment and processing of benefits and the payroll process, ensuring monthly data is provided on time and is accurate.
What we are looking for in you
- An exceptional academic track record from both high school and preferably university
- Experience working in an entry-level role in an HR/People team is beneficial, preferably in the Technology industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to prioritize complex workloads, manage time effectively and work well under pressure.
- Self-motivated and results-orientated with a clear focus on accuracy.
- High level of honesty, integrity, and ability to handle confidential data.
- Flexible attitude and easily adaptable to change.
- Willing to take the initiative and provide suggestions and ideas to contribute to the success of the role/team.
- Ambitious to grow your career within HR.
- Willingness to travel up to 4 times a year for internal events.
What we offer you
- We consider geographical location, experience, and performance in shaping compensation worldwide.
- We revisit compensation annually (and more often for graduates and associates) to ensure we recognise outstanding performance.
- Recognition rewards
- Annual holiday leave
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunity to travel to new locations to meet colleagues from your team and others
- Priority Pass for travel and travel upgrades for long haul company events.
- In addition to base pay, we offer a performance-driven annual bonus which varies based on seniority but starts at a range up to 10%.
- We provide all team members with additional benefits, which reflect our values and ideals. We balance our programs to ensure fairness globally.
- Distributed work environment with twice-yearly team sprints in person – we’ve been working remotely since 2004!
- Personal learning and development budget of USD 2,000 per year
- Annual compensation review
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply