First City Monument Bank (FCMB) Limited is a member of FCMB Group Plc, which is one of the leading financial services institutions in Nigeria with subsidiaries that are market leaders in their respective segments. Having successfully transformed to a retail and commercial banking-led group, FCMB expects to continue to distinguish itself by delivering exceptional services, while enhancing the growth and achievement of the personal and business aspirations of our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
Location: Marina, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Internal Control Officer implements, monitors and measures the adequacy of control systems in the company in compliance with regulations and internal control framework.
- The job holder is responsible for increasing operational efficiency by detecting and eliminating fraud and business risks.
- Design and subsequently examine and evaluate the effectiveness and adequacy of the internal control systems
- Perform test on both the functioning of specific internal control procedures and transactions
- Conduct regular control checks on cash, inventory, expense, dispatch and production reports.
- Evaluating and ensuring compliance with existing Company policies and procedures, identifying and proposing modifications as needed.
- Review the responses to internal and external audit management letters and queries to ensure that recommendations are implemented and ensure that all action items are resolved.
- Provides support to the company’s anti-fraud programs.
- Undertakes special investigations that may be required to forestall mismanagement of Company resources.
- Playing an active role in the maintenance and review of policies and procedures, including ensuring they are up to date with all legislation and best practices
- Conduct mystery shopping exercises and any other assessments as may be assigned from time to time.
- Reporting on control deficiencies to management and making recommendations to mitigate risk and add value
- Challenging current processes across the company and identifying opportunities for refinement
- Engaging remediation of identified issues through follow-up
- B.Sc. in Accounting, Economics, Statistics or related courses.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a financial institution
- Must be possess a professional certifications like ACA, ACCA, CIA, etc. (candidates without this certificatewill not be considered)
- Conceptual skills
- Good interpersonal & communication skills.
- Internal Control
- Information Systems Audit
- Fraud Detection & Control
- Risk Control
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th November, 2023.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.