Contec Global Group – Established in 1984 and headquartered in London, the Contec Global Group has a worldwide presence, with operations in Asia, Africa, and Europe. As a company established on the platform of e-Governance and smart technologies, Contec Global is among the most experienced independent technology and systems organizations operating in developing countries. Today, the Group is engaged, globally, in providing integrated, systems-based solutions in the fields of Secure Technologies, Infrastructure, and Hospitality
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Performing the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Obtaining,analyzing, and evaluating accounting documentation, reports, data, flowcharts etc
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality, and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques, and performance standards
- Identify and assess areas of significant financial risk.
- Check the accuracy of the company’s balance sheet and income statement.
- Check whether the valuation criteria adopted by the company lead to a correct assessment of the assets and results.
- Compile and implement the annual Internal Audit plan.
- Fulfill other attributions contained in the law or in the articles of association.
- Implement best auditing and business practices in accordance with the statements of applicable internal audit.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies and procedures in accordance with the best local and international practices.
- Conduct ad hoc investigations into identified or reported risks.
- Supervise risk-based audits covering operational and financial processes.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Internal Auditing, Financial Accounting or Financial Management
- MBA in accounting an added advantage
- Certified Internal Auditor, preferred
- At least Two years of work experience in an internal audit environment (Fintech/IT Industry).
- At least Two years of experience in fraud auditing.
- Registration with the Order of Accountants and Expert Accountants of Nigeria.
- To have knowledge of national tax and accounting legislation, as well as the rules international accounting.
- Hands on experience with accounting software and databases (ERP)
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multitask.
- Technical training in accounting, auditing, risk management, business management.
- Accounting ERP knowledge.
- Training in internal and financial auditing (IPPFs, IAS, IASB).
- Knowledge of financial legislations.
- Proven working experience as Internal Auditor or Senior Auditor
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Sound independent judgement
- Dynamism, responsibility, and team spirit.
- Impartiality and discipline.
- Capacity for communication and institutional cooperation.
- Pressure management capability.
- Capacity for institutional commitment and meeting deadlines.
Application Closing Date
30th January, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.