Website Sahara Group
Sahara Group is a leading international energy and infrastructure conglomerate with operations in over 38 countries across Africa, Middle East, Europe and Asia. Spanning three decades, we have broken ground and challenged stereotypes across the global business landscape. The women and men who make up our organization are our strongest levers for growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit Supervisor
Job Schedule: Full time · Associate
Purpose of the Job
- Provide value added advice and support to business partners on the creation or modification of policies, procedures, processes, products or services to ensure an appropriate level of internal control and compliance is maintained.
What You’ll Do
- Assess the risk management techniques/principles of assigned business or functional areas within the required timeline. Identify possible red flags and draft risk based audit programs for different audit tasks.
- Perform the audit of business information technology and data management system tools (like ERP).
- Evaluate the level of business compliance with its policies, processes and existing systems.
- Discuss possible control issues with relevant business heads so as to improve and add value to the system.
- Participate actively in the review of Business processes to drive efficiency gains.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and statutory provisions of the businesses
- Carry out spot checks and quarterly/periodic inventory counts and reconciliation.
- Carry out the audit of business processes, policies, systems, financials, operations, governance and HSSE.
- Discuss audit findings/significant variations with relevant staff and senior management after each audit task and proffer suggested solutions.
- Prepare draft audit report and work papers with minimum supervision.
- Carry out investigations as may be assigned or deemed necessary by the line manager
- Review the suitability of internal control design and test their operating effectiveness.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Audit
- University Degree in Accounting or any other course.
- 3-5 years of cognate experience in similar role, IT/System Audit or other audit experience (The “Big 4” is a plus).
- Relevant professional qualification (CIA, CISA, ACA, ACCA etc) will be an added advantage.
Your Personal Attributes
- Intrinsically motivated;
- Results – oriented and pragmatic with exceptional problem solving and decision making skills;
- Top-notch networking and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver results with low levels of supervision;
- Strong interpersonal skills, time management and planning skills
- Conscientious in approach to work
- Customer-centric and good leadership skills.
- Emotionally intelligent and team player with an international outlook
- Excellent and precise communication & presentation skills;
- Comfortable and effective in managing and communicating with team members and stakeholders
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.