Nomba, launched in 2017 as “Kudi.ai”, is a chatbot that responds to financial requests on social apps. Nomba has since evolved to empower independent businesses to act as neighborhood banks offering basic financial services such as cash withdrawal, transfer and bill payments to all Nigerians, especially those in underserved communities. Today we process more than $500m in payments monthly.
With a vision to enable economic prosperity by supercharging businesses to run efficiently and meet their goals, nomba is making it easier for businesses to accept payments, make payments and manage their operations. With over 250 employees and more than 150,000 businesses on our platform across the country, we are creating a distinct gateway into the digital economy by providing businesses with access to everyday tools that simplify payments and drive their growth. With these easy-to-use tools, businesses of all sizes can now accept, process and manage payments online and offline while optimizing their operations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Internal Audit and Risk Officer
Job Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Role
- Development of the risk register for the Company and ongoing monitoring and assessments of risks captured in the risk register to enable the identification of top risks, potential new risks or emerging risks.
- Provide second-line oversight and support to ensure the Company’s risk appetite, control framework and policies are clearly documented, communicated and adhered to.
- Ensure appropriate and insightful risk reporting including reporting to the Risk Committee and development and monitoring of KRIs.
- Embedding an appropriate risk culture.
- Collaborate with internal partners to ensure effective key controls are appropriately designed and are operating effectively to mitigate identified risks
- Lead, contribute and/or deliver risk assessments, training and awareness initiatives on behalf of the Risk team as may be required
- Develop the enterprise risk management strategy that safeguards the Company, customers, investors and reputation.
- Monitor and assess operational risk exposures, events, and business and IT incidents to ensure such cases are appropriately escalated.
- Own allocated risks in the risk register and facilitate regular risk and control assessments. This may include strategic, insurance, operational (including data, IT and cyber security), and financial risks.
- Provide input into the annual business strategy and planning processes to ensure strategic risks are identified, appropriately considered and documented.
- Create and maintain appropriate key risk indicators (KRIs) and trigger limits to track the trends in risk exposures
- Identify level of conformance with established rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Implement internal audit tasks in areas of risk management and internal control.
- Obtain, analyse and evaluate accounting documentation, reports, data, flowcharts etc.
- Recommend ways to improve the efficiency of the company’s financial reporting systems.
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion and cost savings methods.
- Review all financial materials and procedures in order to spot errors, inefficiencies or instances of misuse.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 4-6 years of experience in Risk and Internal Audit, preferably in financial services
- Proactive team player with interpersonal skills
- Analytical and detail-oriented with an ability to think logically and critically.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to Fraud Risk Management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation.