Whassan Nig operating since 1982, is focused on provide catering and facilities management services to businesses in the upstream oil & gas sector. Our wide range of Support Services under Whassan include: Cleaning & Janitorial, Facilities Maintenance, Business & Office Services, Outdoor Grounds Management, Project Management, Catering – Onshore, Offshore & Remote Sites.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) / Quality Assurance Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- To identify and implement Nigeria regulatory health, safety and environmental requirements and other international HSE standards in accordance with company objectives by Identifiingkey areas of risk in various food operations and takes preemptive remedial action.
- Develop, implement and improve QHSE management systems, processes and procedures to support business operations.
- Recipe formulation and standardization.
- Ensure Compliance with all Health and Safety policies and procedures in all company locations.
- Manage incidents and non-conformities by effective investigation and corrective action planning.
- Conducting internal investigations and audits related to food safety.
- Manages the QHSE department and instils QHSE culture within the company by implementing agreed Company QHSE policies.
- Verifies compliance with food and hygiene regulations, licensing conditions and codes of practice relating to food operations.
- Provides technical advice on product labeling issues for fulfilling government requirements.
- Provides in-house food hygiene training for all good handlers, (e.g. new hires and trainees).
- Handles complaints or enquiries from customers and local food safety and health departments on food hygiene matters.
- Conducts and records daily kitchen inspections on the personal, environmental and food hygiene conditions and provides corrective action plans as necessary.
- Conducts regular vendor inspections in partnership with purchasing and culinary leadership.
- Conducts regular inspections on the kitchen of kitchen equipment and verifies defects and non-conformities are remedied by the appropriate parties.
- Reviews accident and incident reports, analyses data, provides feedback on quality of investigation and identifies trends.
- Monitoring and ensuring that food production, and customer services are complying with statutory and company QHSE standards, policies and procedures to avoid food contamination and related risks.
- Coordinates cleaning program in all F&B areas (e.g., General clean), identifying trends and making recommendation for improvements.
- Liaises with pest control company for any pest issues and monitors pest control performance.
- Maintains and makes improvements to hygiene standards.
- Regularly reviews and refreshes the food safety standards of all food handlers within the property.
- Maintains documentation on all hygiene and food safety standards throughouttheoperation.
- Maintains adequate level of QHSE related signage within the Company premises/work areas..
- Perform daily walk throughs in facilities and / or in clients’ premises to monitor and promote a safe workplace
- HND / B.Sc. in Engineering, Food Science Tech or Environmental Sciences
- At least 5 years working with international HSEQ standards, codes and practices including Nigerian QHSE experience
- Membership of relevant HSEQ professional bodies
- Minimum of 3 years industrial catering experience.
- HACCP Level 3 qualification or other food handling / safety qualifications.
- Highest standard of Safety, Health, Environment aptitude and cultivates the same in others.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years experience in Industrial Catering and Facilities Management, with Oil & industries at Offshore, Onshore & remote site locations in Nigeria.
Application Deadline 18th September, 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com