Guaranty Trust Holding Company
Guaranty Trust Holding Company (Formerly Guaranty Trust Bank Plc) is a multinational financial institution that provides individuals, businesses, private and public institutions across Africa and the United Kingdom with a broad range of market-leading financial products and services. Headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria and with subsidiaries in Cote D’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Sierra Leone and the United Kingdom, the Bank currently employs over 12,000 professionals and has Total assets and Shareholders’ Funds of N4.057trillion and N661.1Billion respectively.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Risk
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Financial Services
- The Head of Risk has oversight of the risk management function to identify, measure, assess, and mitigate internal and external risks that may hinder the organization from achieving its strategic objectives.
- S/he will be responsible for providing hands-on development of risk models involving market, credit, and operational risk, ensuring controls are operating effectively, and providing research and analytical support as well as overseeing the communication of risk policies and processes for the organization.
- Monitor investments limits in line with internal approved limits/regulatory standards
- Monitor operational risk indicators in the company and give feedback periodically to management and the Board.
- Develop the ERM framework for the business
- Implement risk management structure
- Set limits in line with the risk acceptance criteria/risk appetite of the organisation
- Coordinating and reporting risk management activities of the company
- Develop risk management strategies
- Conduct compliance risk assessment enterprise-wide
- Conduct internal reviews and audits
- Carry out regular trainings and workshop
- Following up on compliance issues that require investigation
- Evaluating control systems and ensuring best tools are deployed
- Advise internal management and business partners on the implementation of compliance programs
- Periodic report to both the Management and the Board Committee.
Skills and Knowledge Required for the Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or Legal (Master’s Degree is an additional advantage)
- Experience in Market risk
- Strong knowledge of portfolio risk management techniques, e.g. key risk metrics for players in the financial markets, capital management, database management, risk analysis etc.
- Good analytical & problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Local and international certifications in risk management, such as Certificate in Risk Management (CIRM)
- Strong understanding of development and trends in both international and African financial sectors, as well as regulations and trends in these markets
- Strong understanding of enterprise risk management concepts, frameworks to proactively identify risks inherent in business operations that can have negative strategic implications for the organization