Website PZ Cussons
PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world’s best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, we operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Our world-class supply chain and distribution networks enable us to meet our global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Retail
Job Requisition ID: JR000553
Job type: Full time
Department Strategic Objectives
- Lead in the delivery of Joint Business plans with the customer towards the achievement of the overall organisation business and growth objectives in key accounts.
- Lead, develop, and ensure implementation of Key Accounts
- Plans that are aligned with overall business strategies, and that
- support achievement of profitable sales objectives
- Head of Sales/ Commercial
- Key Account Managers
Context / Scope
- A key contributor to the success of the HPZ commercial strategic plan with an effective and flexible field sales force; demonstrating industry leadership in both volumes driving & brand building activity.
- Development of Joint Business Plans for managing selected Key accounts
- Accountable and responsible to ensure achievement of agreed Key Accounts targets/KPIs
- Drive Customers’ health check (TGM% & Debtors Day)
- Define and execute strategies and plans for the key accounts in line with business requirements and growth projection
- Work with other leadership team to identify and develop successive business leaders.
- Measurement/Performance Indicators
- Availability and quarterly reviews of annual Joint-Business Plan with Key Account
- Target vs. Actual monthly/yearly performance (volume/value, KPIs etc.)
- Coaching and development plan
- Lead the implementation and excellent execution of all channel/category activities for key account channels
- Oversees the process of Credit Management
- Drive the process of Business Planning Review for the function
- Actively participate and provide inputs into the Commercial Planning process, support development and implementation of channel, category and customer strategy and plans to achieve the overall field sales objectives
- Ensure development of careers and coaching of reports
Internal & External Relationships:
- Head of Sales
- Heads of Department (Marketing/Sales/Channel/Supply Chain/Finance/HR)
- Line Managers (Performance Management, recruitment, induction)
- Key Accounts Customers
- PZ Marketing & Sales network
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Needed
- First Degree in any discipline
- Post Graduate degree will be an added advantage
- 6+ years in marketing or sales, and over this period has successfully delivered on KPIs
- Experience in either Channel, Customer or Field Sales management
- Experience in managing Retail outlets
- Demonstrated success in other roles.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop a team
- Has People management experience.
- Knowledge of Business strategy development
- Working Knowledge of core Commercial Planning process (IMEX, CPM, Battle Plan, Risk & Opps, RiRo, SLOBs).
- Knowledge of Field Sales, Channel and Distributor Management
- Good knowledge of channel structure and opportunities
- PZ Cussons Leadership competencies
- In Market Execution – Proven Strength
- Selling Skills – Proven Strength
- Sales Drivers – Mastery
- Channel Strategy – Proven Strength
- Presentation & Communication – Proven Strength
- Leadership Skills – Proven Strength
- Functional or Technical / Business Skills: (What can the holder do)
- Commercial Acumen – Proven Strength
- Customer Management – Proven strength
- Negotiation Skills – Mastery
Required Behavioural Competences:
- BOLD: by being open, welcoming and genuine
- TOGETHER: by pushing for opportunities to learn and grow towards achieving organisational objectives
- BOLD – be courageous to challenge in the right way for the right reasons
- STRIVING: by planning and organising activities to achieve defined goals
- TOGETHER: internally and externally to better serve our customers and other stakeholders
- ENERGETIC: by demonstrating drive and resilience to achieving agreed objectives.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
To apply for this job please visit pzcussons.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.