Hospitality Groundworks – Our client, a Restaurant in Lagos Island, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head Chef
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our client is looking for competent and experienced Head Chef to support the Sous Chef in leading the kitchen. The head chef carries out and coordinates the organization, preparation, production, presentation and assures the high standard of culinary services offered to guests.
- Organizes and supervises food preparations in line with the occupancy and consumption forecasts
- Prepares dishes and/or supervises preparation
- Supervises the different sections of the kitchen: production of hot and cold dishes, dish washing etc.
- In conjunction with the Sous Chef and F&B Manager, prepares the menus and à la carte choices
- Oversees the whole work shift, ensures respect of the maximum waiting times defined by the brand, checks the presentation and temperature of dishes, etc.
- Coordinates with restaurant serving staff in order to ensure smooth running service
- Ensures that all information is duly passed on to the applicable departments
- In conjunction with the Points of Sale Managers, coordinates the kitchen, restaurants and “Seminars and meetings” services
- Supervises the staff restaurant and stewarding service
- Keeps up-to-date with changes in culinary trends
- Is actively involved in the local area to keep up-to-date with specific issues and needs
- Ensures that the equipment and appliances under his/her responsibility are used correctly and kept in good condition by kitchen staff
- Optimizes sales by meeting guests’ wishes, while respecting brand guidelines
- Manages stocks and supplies
- Carries out inventories, inputs data and explains consumption differences
- Vocational Certificate or Diploma in professional Cuisine
- 5 to 10 years of experience
- Computer literate (Windows environment)
- Attention to cleanliness and hygiene
- Excellent management skills
- Significant managerial experience
- Perfect knowledge of HACCP guidelines
N120,000 per month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 10th March, 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]