WAICA Reinsurance Corporation Plc
WAICA Reinsurance Corporation Plc is one of the fastest growing reinsurance companies in Africa. WAICA Re is headquartered in Freetown (Sierra Leone) and operates through four (4) Regional Offices across Africa namely: Lagos (Nigeria), Accra (Ghana), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire) and Tunis (Tunisia). It also has three (4) Subsidiary Companies namely, WAICA Re Zimbabwe Limited in Harare (Zimbabwe), WAICA Re Kenya in Nairobi (Kenya) and investments company namely WAICA Capital, Accra (Ghana) and WAICA Re (United Kingdom).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The Financial Accountant role is responsible for the timely and accurate production of the Corporation’s consolidated and separate financial statements, internal & extemal financial reporting and financial analysis as well as the annual and interim budgeting and forecasting process.
- Working with the Chiel Finance Officer, the Financial Acountant shall collect, process, record, reconcile and report on financial data, verifying the validity, completeness and accuracy of source documentation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of monthly consolidated and separate financial statements covering statement of financial position, statement of profit or loss and other comprehensive income, statement of changes in equity, statement of cash flows, notes to the financial statements and statement of significant accounting policies
- Ensure overall accuracy of the annual report and financial statements of the Group as well as compliance with applicable International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Undertake analysis of the consolidated and separate financial statements for both intemal and external reporting
- Co-ordinate the timely completion of the external audit of the financial records of the Group.
- Manage communications with external auditors on the audit of financial statements and any accounting issues raised to ensure auditor agreement with Group decisions on accounting disclosures, and issues.
- Create, implement and maintain comprehensive Group wide accounting policy documents to improve clarity and consistency
- Performs monthly and quarterly general ledger analysis on the various asset, liability, revenue and expense accounts.
- Ensure the fixed assets register is updated and reconciled to with the general ledger
- Timely preparation of the annual consolidated budget and cash flow forecast for the Group
- Analysis of budget variances, including the review of explanations provided by budget holders as well as provide guidance to budget holders regarding corrective action
- Any other finance related duties that may be assigned to you
Candidate Profile Qualifications
- A Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- Professional qualification like CA, ACCA or equivalent
- At least 5 years progressive experience in one of the Big 4 Audit Firms
- Extensive experience in leading statutory audits, business and system reviews.
- Experience in auditing Insurance/Reinsurance company will be an added advantage.
- Team player, strong communication, negotiation and training skills.
- Proactive & innovative mind-set.
- Cross cultural and cross functional skills.
- Extensive knowledge of IFRS and IFRS Reporting
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively to diverse stakeholders
- Advanced excel skills.
- Knowledge of insurance and reinsurance operations and accounting
- Robust understanding of management accounting and financial management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send Application Letter and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 30th September, 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]