The Iroko Group
The Iroko Group is an award-winning firm that provides clients with premium and bespoke interior design and architectural services. We at Iroko are proud of our ability to handle various projects, from residential to offices, churches, schools, and transport hubs. We have a diverse portfolio of clients and projects in Nigeria, South Africa, Ethiopia, the United Kingdom, and the Americas.
Our philosophy of excellence and continuous improvement enables us to innovate with improved ways to satisfy the needs of our existing and potential clients. We use only the latest technologies and skills in our processes, from concept, to design, to project execution. We at Iroko consistently strive to give our customers the maximum value for money. In our competitive and fast-changing sector, we are the definitive design firm.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant
- The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the CEO, Board of Directors, and Executive Team and managing the organization’s office operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative assistance, such as writing and editing emails, drafting memos, and preparing communications on the executive’s behalf
- Composes routine correspondence, makes required copies and distributes accordingly via mail/online media or as otherwise instructed
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature
- Arrange and handle all logistics for Board meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; and record meeting minutes on behalf of the board Secretary
- Responsible for providing sophisticated calendar management for CEO, making appointments and prioritizing the most sensitive matters
- Prepare reports and/or special projects, which may include data collection, coordination, final copy preparation, distribution etc.
- Follow up on contacts made by the CEO to cultivate ongoing relationships
- Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization
- Supports senior management with administrative functions related to new business development: including, but not limited to, preparation of proposals and presentation materials
- Performs project coordination and management activities as assigned
- Acts as custodian of all Project Filing Systems
- Schedules appointments, makes travel arrangements and manages electronic calendars for team members
- Coordinates corporate special and social events, including internal/external lunches, birthdays, memorable occasions road shows, campaigns etc.
- Monitors and Maintains office equipment and inventory supplies, conducting monthly inventories and orders replacement supplies as needed
- Act as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements for the CEO
- Initiate daily touch base meeting whether in person or virtually to confirm the day’s priorities, clarify assignments, and resolve open issues
- Oversee the performance of other clerical staff
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence, organize and maintain the office filing system
- Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities
- Negotiates the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc. for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions
- Create employee database and ensure that they are frequently updated
- Maintain an accurate and updated records and inventory system
- Preparing reports on expenses, office budgets, and other expenditures
- Supporting department managers, staff, and CEO
- Coordinating building and maintenance issues for general repair (heating and air conditioning, security, etc.) and updating (carpet cleaning, painting, etc.)
- Organizing special functions and social events
- Assists in maintaining security for unit, including the office safe and contents
- Welcome walk-in clients/ visitors and make sure they are comfortable while they wait for their scheduled appointment
- Maintain a copy of the CEO’s schedule and make, adjust or cancel appointments when necessary
- Creating, updating, and maintaining records and databases
- Updating and ensuring compliance of office policies and procedures
- Scheduling company calendar and updating as needed
- Occasional travel may be involved.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in a relevant course
- 5-10 years experience as an executive assistant or related role
- Working experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar role
- Excellent MS Office knowledge
- Familiarity with office gadgets and applications (e.g. e-calendars and printer/photocopy machines)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong ability to execute work with diversity and equity
- Technical proficiency and problem-solving skills · Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role, manage team members, lead assistant meetings, and supervises when needed
- Highly organized multi-tasker who works well in a fast-paced environment
- Please note that the specifics provided in the job description above are in no way intended to limit the scope of the role, but are simply to provide an overview of same.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff, community leaders, donors, and funded partners
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- You may be required to perform functions not specified herein.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a cover letter (no more than two pages) explaining their motivation for applying for the role, along with how they meet the criteria on the requirements, to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 5th May, 2023.