Nigerian Economic Summit Group
Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG) is Nigeria’s leading private sector think-tank dedicated to achieving sustainable economic development through private sector-led initiatives. Convener of the annual Nigerian Economic Summit (NES) since 1993, as a platform for bringing together private sector leaders and senior public sector officials to discuss and dialogue on the future of the Nigerian economy.
In 1993, a group of passionate and concerned private sector leaders representing key economic sectors conceived the Nigerian Economic Summit (NES) and sustained it as a platform for bringing together private sector leaders and senior public sector officials to discuss and dialogue on the future of the Nigerian Economy. Three years later, in 1996, the Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG) was established and incorporated as a non-profit, non-partisan private sector organisation with a mandate to promote and champion the reform of the Nigerian economy into an open, private sector-led globally competitive economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Affairs Analyst
Employment Type: Full-time
- As a Corporate Affairs Analyst at the Nigerian Economic Summit Group, you will play a vital role in managing various aspects of corporate communication, public/private affairs, and stakeholder engagement.
- Your primary objective would be to help the NESG maintain a positive public image, navigate regulatory issues, and build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Providing analytical support and research to assist the Head of Corporate Services on technical and corporate matters.
- Assisting in maintaining positive relationships with local, national, and global stakeholders critical to the NESG’s mission and objectives.
- Supporting efforts to acquire, engage, and retain corporate members.
- Contributing to enhancing NESG’s public relations, corporate image, and reputation management.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of NESG’s corporate strategic communications policy.
- Collaborating with NESG stakeholders and staff to support the Onboarding process for individual, corporate members, partners, and employees.
- Contributing to efforts to increase corporate and individual member participation in NESG Policy Commissions Programmes and events.
- Assisting in organizing and documenting Board events and meetings, including preparing meeting notices, managing logistics, and assisting with drafting meeting minutes and board papers.
- Supporting in the development and execution of administrative and operational plans aligned with the NESG’s strategic goals.
- Contributing to stakeholder management, strategic investment analysis, and participating in corporate communications efforts.
- Identifying procedural and systematic challenges and providing recommendations for solutions.
- Assisting in the preparation of reports and conducting briefings as needed.
- Participating in the development and implementation of corporate planning and statutory compliance initiatives across NESG activities.
- Assisting in reviewing and drafting statutory and regulatory agreements, contracts, and administrative documents.
- Other functions may be assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
- A Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Law with prior experience in a legal role, preferably with a focus on corporate or business law. Certification in CIPR/CCGP is an added advantage.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Regulatory Knowledge.
- Research and Analytical Skills.
- Proficiency in stakeholder and project management.
- A strong understanding of corporate governance practices and frameworks.
- Strong analytical and research and organisational skills.
- Ability to analyse complex legal documents and provide actionable insights.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using “Corporate Affairs Analyst Application” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 10th February, 2024.