Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager, Power and Renewable Energy
Job Type: Full Time
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for building and implementing business growth strategies and opportunities of Interswitch solutions & services for the Power and Renewable Energy sector in Nigeria.
- He/She works closely with VP,Energy Ecosystem to transform the Interswitch’s business offerings into a robust digital payments ecosystem with extensive coverage across the Power and Renewable Energy space.
Other responsibilities of the role include:
- Drive product feature enhancements and service platform optimization to deliver long-term value-add for the value chain of different verticals in the Power and Renewable Energy space.
- Grow existing market share, develop, and penetrate new market/segments through value offerings.
- Develop new business ideas, grow transaction volume, and develop market expansion strategies.
- Co-ordinate, manage and support the sales & account management structure through collaboration with different teams (i.e. technical support, advisory services and lead conversion) that increases Interswitch’s profitability.
- Identify, research, develop, implement, deploy, and manage new business initiatives across all market types to optimize channel usage and business value.
- Acquire strategic partnerships that enable access to market and big aggregators relevant to the business objectives and would contribute to business value both short term and long term.
- Build a relevant knowledge base that demonstrates apt understanding of the corporate landscape needs and ensures full understanding of the business risks, the right model and processes that mitigate such risks.
Business Development – Core Areas:
- Develop and implement strategies that Supports and improves:
- Sales Penetration
- Market Development activities
- Product Development, and
- Business Diversification.
- Business Case Development and Pricing Model Design.
- Business Process Documentation.
- Develop Business Road Maps for Interswitch services/solutions that align with Power and Renewable Energy sector.
- Business Analysis engagement activities that guide Interswitch’s sales team for quality leads generation.
- Establish and maintain seamless and excellent process operations relationship with matrix teams.
- Prepare detailed business specification documents of new products developed for further engagements with the product and implementation teams.
- Work with the assigned Product/Operations/Marketing/Engineering teams to prepare quality pre-sales kits for delivery of Interswitch solutions for corporates.
- Screen potential business deals by analysing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal prioritization matrix per time and ability to recommend equity investments.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Keep abreast of trends and developments in digital financial services markets, products features, best practices, and operational excellence.
- Stay ahead of the competition as it relates to pricing, local market experience, local market alliances & credibility etc.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports on market expansion activities and business initiatives:
- Customer engagement feedback.
- Sales reports (lead generation, actual vs. targets etc.)
- Customer profitability and product revenue reports.
- Protect Interswitch’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Develop excellent rapport with strategic/key clients and stakeholders in the sector.
- Keep abreast with improvement in product development especially those that have revenue impact budget setting for the sales team and provide support that will continually improve the business relationship.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance organization reputation by exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Attend exhibitions to generate sales leads/opportunities that can be converted to sales post-event.
- Perform market research and analysis to monitor the local environment for the emergence of new market segments in the corporate space.
Key Account Management:
- Provide customer-focused sales and account management activities for designated corporate customers and products.
- Provide first level business knowledge of assigned product/services to corporate clients via the sales team.
- Product innovation through deliberate partnerships and collaboration with existing corporates that support positive customer engagement index scores.
- Maintain an awareness of sales and other development amongst competitors and pass on relevant information to the sales team and other teams as the case may require.
- Maintain access to sales tool (CRM) to keep track of leads generated and other relevant information to enable performance to be measured and monitored proactively.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a Business-related discipline
- 5- 8 years’ relevant experience in the digital financial industry or FinTech Space.
- Professional qualification(s) is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply