Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Assurance Coordinator
Job Requisition ID: R106211
Experience Level: Experienced Professionals
What’s the role?
- Ensures effective and aligned implementation of assurance activities including embedment of learnings from audits and incidents across SEN Ops.
- Supports the Distribution Operations Support (DOS) Manager and the DOS/Front Line Barrier Management (FLBM) Advisors in driving compliance to E&C requirements in the cluster.
- Support the DOS Manager in implementing a program on cluster-wide learning from audits, LFIs, CLEs and best practice sharing. This includes learnings from other regions/clusters. Prepare communication materials, work with the DOS Advisors to drive standard application of learnings, track progress of roll-out and oversee self-assessment activities to ensure embedment of learnings.
- Act as Radar / SONAR / SpheraCloud Assurance Coordinator for the team. Work with action parties on the timely and quality close-out of audit actions. Review closed audit actions in Radar and check for compliance to requirements (e.g. upload of evidence for High findings)
- Work with the HSSE Advisors on HSSE incident learning, learnings from incidents, and facilitate monthly HSSE incident reviews
- Work with GRA and relevant staff/teams to prepare Control Learning Events for the cluster.
- Maintain the Streamlined Team Action Tracker (STAT) application, providing user training and developing/updating procedures for use. Develop monthly reports from the app to drive improvements in operations and learning across teams.
- Develop and maintain LOD1 programs for various areas of NG and pipeline operations. Act as LOD-1 SME Reviewer for NG and Pipeline LOD1. Develop and maintain annual LOD1 plan for the country including annual SME reviews. Analyze assurance feedback (LOD1, audit reports) and prepare quarterly LOD1 reports. Ensure learnings are embedded across all asset/projects. Ensure compliance to LOD-1 SME program requirements (e.g. LOD1 SME Reviewer trainings, number of LOD1 reviews per site, etc).
- Work with various SMEs to develop and maintain database housing legal requirements applicable to Nigeria Distribution Operations. Conduct regular reviews to test for compliance.
- Work with audit teams for audits in the cluster. Coordinate and provide logistical support required by audit teams. Develop standard pre-read materials for sharing to auditors. Review draft audit report with DOS Team and auditees and agree with auditors on SMART and fit-for-purpose actions to address findings.
- Actively participate in planning of own work and contribute to development of team priorities. Take personal accountability for delivery of outcomes and understand impact to bottom line. Demonstrate care and inclusive and collaborative behaviors to drive sustained business performance.
- Build trust and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. internal partners, local authorities, government agencies, etc.)
- Develop file plan for the various teams in Shell Energy Nigeria and review regularly with the various Records Focal Points. Maintain records for DOS Team. Act as FSO for SEN Ops Nigeria SharePoint site responsible for ensuring site compliance and FSO user management.
- Standards and assurance-related files for Shell are primarily written in the English language and the successful candidate will need to have a good grasp of the English language
- The role requires travel across locations and occasionally participating in calls beyond off-office hours
- The successful candidate will need to have flexibility around job requirements as the DOS Team is new and still being formed and responsibilities for this role may be adjusted in future.
- Model generative HSSE culture behaviors. Drive Shell’s commitment of no harm to people and to protect the environment. Demonstrate visible and felt safety leadership through measurable actions.
- Demonstrate ethical leadership. Role model and drive accountability for adhering to safety, ethics and compliance standards (Shell’s general business principles, code of conduct, life-saving rules, T&S compliance requirements, country regulations and other standards) in order to elicit a strong societal license to operate.
- Understand safety and compliance risks for Distribution Operations in country. Promptly feedback observed emerging risks (e.g. changes in external regulations, common findings at assets) to Distribution Operations Support Manager.
What we need from you?
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences or a similar field of study
- At least 5 years of relevant experience,
- Skilled in application of tools (e.g. Microsoft Office, GSAP, SharePoint, Salesforce etc.)
- Must understand the HSSE
- Must be knowledgeable in IT tools
- Must know how to analyze data and make presentations
- Oil and gas industry experience is preferred.
- Direct experience with Natural Gas operations and prior experience performing LOD1 activities is preferred
- Must be able to work with diverse cultures and appreciate and leverage cultural differences
- Must possess excellent teaching skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
To apply for this job please visit jobs.shell.com.