Gate and Carter
Gate and Carter is a real estate company that bridges the gap between Real Estate and peace of mind for a client – to find a dream home or boost investment portfolio. It is interested in building and delivering affordable “smart” homes with “smart” features such as Alexa Intelligence, keyless doors, motion censor lights, CCTV, etc. The “smart” is the uniqueness of our brand.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Accountant’s responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns, previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes are important. You will provide us with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
- Publish financial statements in time.
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings.
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Ensure timely bank payments.
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns.
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements.
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity.
- Audit financial transactions and documents.
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary.
- Comply with financial policies and regulations.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual statements (balance sheets and income statements).
- Forecast costs and revenues.
- Manage tax payments.
- Organize internal audits.
- Prepare budgets (for the entire company and by department).
- Monitor and report on accounting discrepancies.
Requirements and skills
- B.Sc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree.
- Additional certification in ICAN or ACCAis essential.
- Work experience as an Accountant.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
- Excellent math skills with an attention to detail.
- Time management abilities.
- High confidentiality rate.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting/taxation/tax regulations and procedures.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like FreshBooks, Sage, QuickBooks, etc.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Experience with general ledger functions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] and copy [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 14th March, 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]