Meta (Formerly Facebook) builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology.
People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineer, New Product Experimentation
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Job
- The New Product Experimentation (NPE) team’s mission is to build products that matter to the world. We are an organization of passionate and talented builders focused on developing a pipeline of new applications and experiences that can change people’s lives and everyday experiences.
- We are looking for a senior engineering leader versed in architecting and building mobile applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to peers
- Fullstack application development, building spec-perfect, performant products across both iOS & Android mobile platforms
- Work closely with product teams to build new and innovative application experiences
- Collaborate with operations and infrastructure to build and scale back-end services
- Identify new opportunities for the larger organization and communicate them to relevant audiences
- The main location for this team is Lagos in Nigeria, and we are also open to discuss possibilities of working remotely from predefined countries in Europe.
- Software Engineer, New Product Experimentation Responsibilities
- Lead complex technical or product efforts across different engineering disciplines
- Good knowledge of mobile technologies, ideally with 2+ years experience building React Native applications
- Demonstrated experience driving change within an organization and leading complex technical projects
- Experience building maintainable and testable code bases, including API design and unit testing techniques
- Start up experience, creativity, high attention to detail, and extreme interest in craft
- Experienced in building products from scratch and scaling those
- Experience in either C, C++, Java, C# or other relevant coding languages
- Experience building native Android applications
- Experience of working with Firebase.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
IT & Software