Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Marketing Manager, reporting to West Africa Marketing Director, assists on all marketing activities required in both consumer and client marketing, Merchant and Fintech scopes.
- Deliver in time and full from marketing initiatives, campaign planning to execution including above the line and below the line marketing activities.
- Work very closely with creative, media and BTL agencies, on a daily basis
- Be proactive to maintain Visa owned digital platforms e.g. Visa official website, Facebook fan page, VMORC platform
- Identify opportunities in the market through tracking of key payment trends, cardholder behavior, etc. and evaluate them to create strategic recommendations for future business propositions.
- Co-ordinate and implement strategic marketing and communication plans designed to meet client marketing objectives as well as market related objectives in support of realization of country scorecard.
- Work on developments and executions of Visa West Africa social plan on a monthly basis to promote Visa brand and activities to cardholders.
- Monitor and moderate all media buy, as well as social platform in a timely manner.
- Brand guard for all public released marketing materials according to Visa guideline
- Working closely with regional team for researches, marketing measurements and West Africa related collaborations
Collaborations with cross-functional team:
- Working closely with cross-functional team in country level to collaborate and deliver marketing activities.
- Partner with merchants and clients in the region in the creation of acquisition and usage campaigns, provide opportunities for banks leveraging of Visa campaigns & work with both internal and external stakeholders to develop joint marketing campaigns.
- Manage client banks queries regarding respective marketing programs
- Work with regional hub to stay informed for relevant information as well as to collaborate with West Africa related subjects.
- Work on Forecast, Accrual, receiving procedures for respective campaigns.
- Manage budgeting change, process, partnership contracts
- Comply with internal process, such as file keeping and documentation and making sure all process in order with accuracy and complete on time
- The function that this individual performs is key to delivering on Visa’s strategic pillars. It forms a part of Visa’s Client engagement plans, merchant relations, Fintech partnerships and industry stakeholder management team.
- Failure to deliver on those commitments can have a visible and pronounced impact on Visa’s revenues, reputation and brand image, and in some cases, can expose the company to financial liability.
- Hard work, high integrity and honesty are non-negotiables.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA is a plus
- Minimum of 8 years marketing experience , preferably from FMCG, technology, retail or banking sectors
- A team player , always with can-do attitude, collaborative and flexible
- Great coordination skills with external, internal stakeholders including agencies, merchants in both country and regional levels
- Sense of ownership and being proactive
- Strong business sense and understanding of marketing process.
- Proven track record and competence on marketing campaign planning and execution, covering ATL and BTL scope
- Abundant experience of digital and social media campaign planning, operation/maintaining and monitoring
- Detailed oriented in terms of time management, budgeting and data analysis
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law
Sales & Marketing