Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Business Partner
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
Level: Mid-Senior level
Purpose of the Job
- To lead professional and strategic HR delivery to the region in line with global best HR practices and Airtel Nigeria people strategies, as well as effectively oversee HR performance metrics and management reporting needed for decision making in the achievement of organizational objectives.
Effective Business Partnering:
- Liaise with respective function head in the alignment of general HR strategy with functional strategy.
- Consult with function Head in promoting best fit HR value proposition
- Provide support and representation for HR Subject Matter Experts in the functional units.
Effective Headcount Management and Talent Management:
- Ensure efficient and effective headcount manpower planning in line with functional strategic plan
- Champion the identification and deployment of talent in function of primary assignment
- Facilitate the Performance Management process within function of primary assignment
- Liaise with Line and Talent Development and Engagement in building people capacity and performance.
Continuously improved employee engagement:
- Facilitate best fit Organisational Development interventions in area of Functional assignment (Skip Level Meetings, Town Hall Meetings, Spot Bonus awards and other R & R initiatives)
- Facilitate Employee Engagement cascade and development of action plans
- Monitor implementation of Engagement Action Plan
- Champion implementation of HR initiatives in the functional units.
- Implement Culture Change processes
- Act as employee champion in respective functional area/region
- Provide apt advice and counsel to Line on talent management, performance management, conflict resolution and other areas of employee relations.
- Ensure business synchronization across departments within function of primary assignment (e.g. Village Meetings)
- Ensure resolution of all staff welfare issues within agreed timelines.
- Facilitate and guide various stakeholders on corrective actions, grievances, conflicts and disciplinary procedures
HR Information Management:
- Design of functional structure in Line with Headcount Management and Organizational Structure policy.
- Conduct trends and report analysis on various HR indices.
- Ensure accuracy and management of employee records
- Provide accurate Payroll inputs (Relocation Allowance, Promotion details, Overtime etc).
- Provide employee information as required by HR support functions, internal and external audit.
- First Degree in Human Resources / Behavioural Sciences
- A professional qualification of CIPMN, CIPD, SHRM is desirable
- Must demonstrate interpersonal savvy with the ability to manoeuvre through complex situations effectively while building constructive relationships Ability to build partnerships in a matrix organizational environment along with providing coaching/counselling to all levels within the organization.
- Solid problem-solving and business acumen skills
- Proven organizational development, performance management and employee relations skills
- At least 7 years Human Resources experience in a multinational business environment in an HR Generalist role
- Experience working with organizational leaders to define and execute HR strategies linked to organizational goals
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of, among others, their race, disability, their race, disability, religion or gender. All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs