The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading Pan-African reinsurance company and the largest re-insurer in Africa. Headquartered in Lagos (Nigeria), Africa Re operates through six (6) Regional Offices across Africa: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Port Louis (Mauritius) and two (2) Contact Offices in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) and Khartoum (Sudan). It also has three (3) Subsidiary Companies (Africa Re South Africa Limited in Johannesburg (South Africa), Africa Retakaful Company Ltd. in Cairo (Egypt) and Africa Re Underwriting Agency in Dubai (UAE).
Africa Re has a broad-based shareholding of 42 African member States, the African Development Bank, 113 African insurance and reinsurance companies, and three (3) non regional shareholders, including leading global insurers, reinsurers and international finance institutions. The Financial Strength and Credit Rating of Africa Re is A by A.M. Best Company and A – Standard & Poor’s.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Human Resource Officer
Grade Level: Support Staff
- The successful candidate who is expected to be an HR Generalist shall report directly to the Director, Human Resource and support in all aspects of human resource management, including: human resource planning and policy development, recruitment, talent development, management and administration, staff welfare, compensation and benefits administration, and reporting.
Duties / Job Details
The main duties of the Assistant Human Resource Officer shall comprise, amongst others, the following:
- Support with generalist HR roles, including reviewing and developing relevant Africa-Re Group Policies and Procedures and providing advice in relation to employee performance, conduct and absence management;
- Support of Africa-Re Group recruitment processes (employee screening, selection, and interview processes and placement where required
- Maintaining contracts, personnel files and other employee information;
- Support the Talent Development unit in administering training and development programmes and liaising with external training bodies as required.
- Support on-boarding sessions for all new employees, which will include ensuring that all relevant employee information is obtained and filed as well as developing an induction programme for new employees;
- Provide support in performance management especially the annual evaluation exercises;
- Support in the preparation of monthly Payroll and timely implementation of all agreed employee compensation, including any approved Salary Adjustments;
- Completion of all administrative tasks required upon retirement, contract completion, or termination of employees;
- Support the communication of regular updates to all staff as required;
- Providing support in relation to Health, Safety & Environment;
- Support Africa-Re Group employee-related programmes, such as YIPP, work experience and internships;
- Monitor all staff employment contracts to ensure that they remain compliant with the relevant employment agreement and confirmation and renewal timelines are accurately met;
- Ensure that all job descriptions are current and related employment agreements are maintained for all new and existing employees
- Ensure that all employee correspondence, such as letters of offer, employment agreements, termination notices are issued as at when due etc.
- Attending to any other duties as may be assigned by the Corporation’s management from time to time.
Qualifications and Professional Experience
Applicants shall be holders of:
- University Degree in a field related to Human Resource Management, such as Public Administration, Business Administration and other Social Sciences;
- Relevant working exposure in a multicultural environment will be an added advantage.
- Relevant Professional qualifications will also be an added advantage
- Additional professional qualifications in Human Resource would be an added advantage.
- At least three years’ relevant post qualification experience of working in a generalist HR environment;
- Able to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English Language
- Working knowledge of French Language will be an added advantage.
- Experience in supporting managers across a variety of departments at different levels in all aspects of HR and talent development;
- Excellent knowledge of human resource planning, management, and administration in a 50+ employee sized organization
- Unquestionable integrity and proven sense of responsibility
- Proficiency in evaluating the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Understanding and practical knowledge of employment law, compliance and employer best practice
- Managing the customer relationship and Strong interpersonal skills and relationship management
- Team working & personal impact
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, and presentation
- Proficient interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution, collaboration, facilitation, negotiation, and team building
- Computer Literate with good interactive knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Good reporting skills, analyzing and reasoning;
- Taking initiative;
- Attention to detail.
Salary & Benefits
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s Support Staff Grade Levels
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
- Medical cover for staff and dependents;
- Housing Allowance
- Inflation Adjustment Allowance that may increase or decrease depending on the economic situation.
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
- Children education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 9th September, 2022.
- Candidates are to complete the employment form by clicking the link above and uploading their Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- The Company reserves the right to appoint at the advertised level or at any other level that may suit the profile, qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
- Africa Re is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with international organizations